What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They enable the website to remember your actions and preferences, such as login information, language, font size, and other display preferences, over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the website or browse from one page to another.
Cookies can also improve your browsing experience by remembering certain information about your preferences and tailoring the website to your needs. They can be placed by the website you are visiting (first-party cookies) or by third parties, such as advertisers or social media platforms (third-party cookies).
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that are stored on your device during your browsing session and are deleted when you close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies are stored on your device for a longer period of time, even after you close your browser, and are used to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sessions.
- First-Party Cookies: These are cookies set by the website you are visiting.
- Third-Party Cookies: These are cookies set by third-party services or providers on our website.
Here are the types of cookies we use:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function properly and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze and measure the performance of our website, such as the number of visitors, the pages visited, and the source of traffic. This information helps us improve the website and optimize user experience.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
- Advertising/Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our website by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites.
Your choices regarding cookies
If you prefer not to enable cookies, you can choose to disable cookies in your browser settings. However, please note that disabling cookies may affect the functionality and user experience of our website.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.